Friday, September 12, 2008

Jay Carney speaks of his interview with McCain

on MSNBC 9/04/08 on McCain's changed demeanor towards the media JAY CARNEY: [...] And for whatever reason, he was clearly not in a particularly good mood. I think he generally feels aggrieved about the treatment he's been getting from the media, [...] and I've known him [...] for a long time, covered him through the housian days of the media love fest for John Mccain. it was like he'd been body snatched. It was somebody I didn't recognize. We opened, as you often do in an interview , with some softball questions, one about defining honor, which is such a concept that's important in his life. He told me to read his books. I said, senator, I've read your books."I'm not going to talk about it, read my books." It went downhill from there.[...] At one point, when he refused to answer a question about something obvious that everyone else in the McCain world has acknowledged, this abrupt shift in the nature of the campaign, he said, I don't know what you're talking about. A question later, when he refused to answer, I said, do I know you, do I know you? That's what it felt like. it was a pretty startling difference from the man who used to interact with the media so easily [...]

Searched for Carney after hearing Testify by Carney on Paste Magazine Sampler #44

No comments: